The support tab is always available in the bottom left corner of the Codesters Platform. Teachers and students can submit support requests so it is important to educate students on what it means to ask for support.
Codesters Support Highlights:
- Support requests submitted from students will be emailed to our support team and to the teacher.
- A screen shot of the code is also included in the support email when submitted from within the code editor.
- If a request is based on an activity that is part of a lesson, we assume that the teacher will be able to address the issue. If not, the teacher should email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
- If you are helping a student and need our help now, submit from the student's account so that we get a copy of the code and add a note in the request indicating that the ticket is from you so that we know to respond right away.
- Response times:
- 1 hour or less during the school day (Weekdays: 7:30am EST - 7:00PM EST (4:00pm PST)
- 24 hour response for all other times
- Remind Students that what they type will be going to you and to us!
- Provide a framework to students for working though coding issues:
- Use reset to start the activity over and pay closer attention to the directions.
- Ask another student for help
- Ask the teacher for help
- Submit a support ticket