Sprites and shapes are added to the stage in the order that they appear in your program. This layering can render sprites invisible. A sprite placed off of the stage can also be a reason for a missing sprite.
Does your sprite overlap at the same location with another sprite on the stage?
- Switch the statement order in your program
- A program runs statement by statement from the top to bottom
- Every sprite will overlay after the previous one
- The sprite that you want on top should should appear last in our program
Is your Sprite or Shape positioned off of the Stage?
- Click on the Actions toolkit
- Look in the Moving Sprites section
- Drag the Go To block into the editor
- Change the x,y coordinates to 0,0: sprite.go_to(0,0)
- The Sprite will appear in the center of the stage
- Debug your program to see what caused your Sprite or Shape to be outside of the boundary of the stage